Thursday, July 23, 2009

I love it when things go right!

I love days like yesterday. I got a lot done at work.

I received the FedEx package I was waiting for. Yeah!

I had everything on hand to make dinner - pesto pasta and a fresh tomato salad. 

It's nice when everything falls into place. 

You can't beat fresh pesto for a quick, super-flavorful dinner. I made it fun for Elli and served it with shell pasta- which are perfect with pesto.  They grab the sauce beautifully. 

For a salad I sliced some mozzarella, piled on diced heirloom tomato's and fresh basil, then drizzeled it with a splash of balsamic and olive oil and a little salt and pepper. Mmm, mmm, mmm.

Both dishes were so flavorful and yummy. I - LOVE - SUMMER!!!

I never used to make fresh pesto. I don't know why. It's so easy to make. It helps to have a food processor. But it really couldn't get any easier. Throw basil, pinenuts, parmesan and a little salt and pepper in the food processer. Chop it up. Gradually pour in the olive oil. Done. 

Pesto
In food processor combine:
4 cups basil
1/2 cup toasted pine nuts
1/2 cup grated parmesan
1 clove garlic
dash of salt and pepper

Slowly pour in 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil.
Done.

Toss it on hot pasta. And dinner is served. Save the extra pesto.  I usually just throw it in a small ziplock and freeze it for another time. Then I really have an instant dinner.  Yeah!!!!

Open a bottle of red wine and bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

~Kris