Monday, November 23, 2009

Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake

Yesterday was National Bundt Cake day. Who knew there was such a thing. I think I may petition for national Kris Mulkey day so I can be showered with gifts and money.  I don't want a stinkin' certificate or a key to the city. Give me the good stuff! But no one will probably nominate me with an attitude like that.

My sister Kathy has a really yummy bundt cake recipe that is so easy to make and so delish. There's no way to mess it up. Oh wait. I do recall the last time I made it I accidentally used brownie mix instead of chocolate cake mix. That is not a good substitute. Of course I didn't do it on purpose. The brownie mix was to make brownies. I just got the two boxes mixed up. So instead of a nice fluffy bundt cake, we got a nice, dense, two inch brownie/fudge like cake. It was tasty. But definitely not what I had planned.

But that was then, and this is now. Back to Bundt Cake Day. I learned about this kooky cake day from my friends at The Kitchn website. Check out these recipes. Brown Butter Pumpkin Bundt Cake? Oh yeah.  I think Don will like Eggnog Spice Bundt cake. Gonna have to check out that recipe for sure.

Ya know, the more that I think about it. How does something or someone get nominated to be "It" for a day? Anyone know?

Here's my sister Kathy's recipe.

Triple Chocolate Bundt Cake

1 box of dark chocolate cake mix
1 box of instant chocolate pudding mix
1 bag of chocolate chips (I like Ghirardelli )
1 3/4 cup water
2 large eggs beaten
1 t. vanilla (I use Penzey's double-strength vanilla)
2 T powdered sugar

1. Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Grease and flour bundt pan.
2. In a small bowl combine water, eggs and vanilla.  In a large bowl combine cake mix and pudding mix. Add egg mixture to dry ingredients until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Don't over-mix.
3. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 50-55 minutes.
4. Let cook 15-20 minutes in pan.
5. Sprinkle/dust with powdered sugar when completely cool.

No cake is complete without a pretty cake plate. I like Italian pottery myself so if you don't have one, you better get shopping. Then get baking!

There you go. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your feedback!

~Kris